Of all the recipes in my kitchen, this super quick and easy How to Make Gigantic Bubbles solution gets the most use and creates the most smiles – hands down! We have experimented with so many ingredients and measurements, but we always come back to the simple, epic recipe below. It’s super easy to combine the TWO basic ingredients with water – and it’s proven to produce some pretty amazing GIGANTIC bubbles! Make sure you check out our “DIY Gigantic Bubble Wands” to create your own magical bubble makers! This DIY Gigantic Bubble Solution is great for your own backyard…..and makes an amazing project for parties and party favors!
Let’s Do This!
“How to Make Gigantic Bubbles” recipe:
- 6 cups water (Tap, bottled, pond, rain…..whatever. No special requirements here, friends)
- 2/3 cup dish soap (Again…just used any kind. I like to use CLEAR liquid dish soap, just because I don’t like colored solution. But that’s my issue, not yours. It doesn’t have anything to do with the bubbles themselves)
- 3 tablespoons glycerin (I got my bottle at Hobby Lobby and used my weekly 40% off coupon – SCORE! Here is another source: Glycerin on Amazon
I know. It’s getting complicated. Stay with me.
- GENTLY stir the soap into the water.
- GENTLY stir the glycerin into the water/soap mixture.
Yep. That’s it. TWO simple steps to the most AMAZING bubbles of your life!
So, after those two ultra-simple steps, your DIY Gigantic Bubble Solution is ready to go! I WILL say that the longer you let it sit, the more “elastic” your bubbles become. Give it a whirl – make some solution and create some magical bubbles. Then, let it sit for a day and make some more bubbles. Do you notice a difference? Sometimes I do, and sometimes I think it’s the exact same bubble-making experience. Either way, this is seriously a recipe you will make again and again and again and again………well, you get the picture. It’s pretty awesome.
Make some amazing DIY Giant Bubble Wands to go with your DIY Gigantic Bubble Solution. Seriously….this is an AWESOME little gem for parties! You can either have the kiddos make their DIY Giant Bubble Wands as a “party project”, or you can make them ahead of time. THEN, send each little party-goer home with a bottle of DIY Gigantic Bubble Solution and their very own DIY Giant Bubble Wand. MAGICAL!!
If you found this recipe helpful, please save it to your Pinterest board! I’d love to hear your comments, feedback and suggestions below. Thanks for stopping by our inspired messy world!